Re: panel errors (It don't start!)

[Marshal Wong]

[bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk]
>  Yes, you've got the wrong version of libpng.  Which is tricky,
>  really.  Where can one get the source for libpng-1.0.1?  (1.0.2 is
>  unacceptable, for some reason.)

  Hmm.  I get the same problem and I would have thought my build-area
was contamination free.  I had the occasion to use binaries compiled
dynamically against libpng-1.0.1 and then run when only -1.0.2 was
present and they even noticed (and complained intelligently about) that!

  I haven't resolved that problem yet, and it has almost driven me away
from CVS and over to tarballs to (presumably) get something more stable.

  I could take older CVS-based binaries and run them just fine on the
same system (blow away /opt/gnome, un-cpio other binaries, ldconfig -v
and I was off).  Since I don't keep libpng under /opt/gnome, that was
my leading indicator that the problem was probably in CVS and not in png.

								--- john