Re: ORBit build on HPUX with patch (take 2)

> > | + #ifndef _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
> > | + #     define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
> > | + #endif
> >
> > Please, please, PLEASE make this HP/UX-specific.  These kind of defines tend
> > to make Solaris builds fall over (Solaris *removes* things when it sees them).
>
> Yikes!!!  I didn't know that solaris used _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
>
> In fact, on my Sloaris box (2.5) the only header I find that has
> _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED in it is math.h.
>
> I guess they started using it more in 2.6 or something.

Well, it's not just Solaris either.  DG/UX also winds up undefining
things when certain macros are turned on.  I've seen the same problem
with _BSD_SOURCE and _POSIX_SOURCE all over the place in gnome-libs.
It would be good IMHO, if the people whose platforms want these things
could make them platform-specific, because they can be harmful on other
platforms.

	Marc