Re: libaudiofile and mpeg audio

Dietmar Maurer writes:
>Why? Please give me a hint.

There has been a long-standing decision that all GNOME libraries should
be LGPL'ed in order to allow non-GPL-compatible applications (including
but not limited to commercial applications) to be built as GNOME apps.
Raph provided libart_lgpl to allow this; we need to find an appropriate
compromise for audiofile as well.

Perhaps the Xing decoder parts could be dlopened and only used if they
are installed; that might be considered to keep the parts separate enough
that the library issues would not interject.  I don't know what the
answer is, I just know that we need to figure out what the answer is...

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/