Re: Gnome Core 0.99 file

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, kiwiPete ( Peter Cague ) wrote:

> Also I did install E-DR-0.15 and I find I get an error from esound:
>
> unable to connect to port XXXX
>
> and so I have no sound, I was thinking this might be linked to the fact
> that I don't have
> Gnome install correctly ye as Gnome-audio is listed after the core for
> installing

That error has nothing to do with gnome-audio.  It just means that it
can't communicate with esd.  Make sure you have esd installed and running
properly.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

Friendship with women.-- Women are quite able to make friends with a man;
but to preserve such a friendship - that no doubt requires the assistance
of a slight physical antipathy.

  from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.390, R.J. Hollingdale transl.