Re: FreeBSD ports

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Jason Ish wrote:

> Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if GNOME compile out of the box on Linux,
> NetBSD, OpenBSD and FreeBSD?
>
> I once heard someone mention here:  If it doesn't compile out of the box
> on another free unix (other than linux), its a problem of ours.

We're not talking about compilation; we're talking about making packages
for installation with a given system's package manager.

To my knowledge, GNOME compiles out of the box on all of the BSDs.
If not, then their users should get on the ball and start submitting
bug reports.

On an unrelated note, can someone get the list software at gnome.org's
MX to stop adding the "Resent-cc: recipient list not shown: ;" header?
Lots of mailers, mine included, take this and add "recipient list not
shown:" as a cc: entry on replies.

--
Todd Graham Lewis       tlewis@mindspring.net      (800) 719-4664, x2804

"It's still ludicrous that nobody's ever made a run at us by making UNIX
 a popular platform on PCs.  It's almost too late now."  -- Steve Balmer
"It is too late."   -- Bill Gates             _Newsweek_, 6/23/97, p. 82