My Install of 99.x files

Hi

I did my install from a base install of 5.1, after installing
all but the gnome, I took out linuxconf and control-panel
( & related files ) the install was going fine till the broken
Gnome-core
file but I'm looking at the upgrade of the kernel and system file to
the 5.2 set is there any problem with this at all if I leave out the
Gnome
files ot can I install those copies of control-panel and linuxconf?

lastly does anybody have a copy of the Gnome-core-0.99.x what ever
that has all the bit's in it so I can get to use this machine I don't
know that
skipping it nad installing the other stuff is a good idea and I figure
as it is
it's broken and won't do much.

Cheers
KiwiPete