Re: closing extra fd's in gnome_execute_*

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999 13:05:18 -0500 (EST), Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu> wrote:

>> Broke(tm) then this would constitute a bugfix ... it would be better to
>> keep source compatibility and iron out the ugliness of the API later
>> (after 1.0)
>
>Well, the question is, does anyone expect any fd's besides 0, 1, or 2 to
>be open after executing gnome_execute_*.  If not then we can just close
>all the additional fd's before execing.  I am pretty certain this is the
>behavior most people expect.  I am curious to know if there are any
>exceptions.  If people want them open, I can go ahead and add the new
>functions.

There's no reason to close all the fd's. People sometimes want to open a
pipe to a program or such - just leave it be...

If bash crashes, fix bash ;-)
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg