Re: Release 0.99.2 of gnome-libs/gnome-core and mc-4.5.5

>From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>

>> I also had to "rm /usr/local/gnome/bin/new-object" for "make install" to work
-
>> Otherwise it died horribly. But too late I got the patch for that on this
list
>> =OZ - thanks anyway, always good to know it's not just me ;O)
>
>Can you post the details?  I can not see how this would fail.

It doesn't now - as I say, someone else patched the CVS around this bit and
posted it here just as I was typing this part of this email in.

>> Firstly, in gnome-libs, I had to add -D__EXTENSIONS__ to SUPPORTINCS in the
>> Makefile of both zvt and libgnorba, so that a number of typedefs and
>> structure definitions would happen.
>What is the rationale for this change?  Can you provide us with
>documentation for this so that we provide the proper configure check?

I've now removed the build directory I had for this, since I've got GNOME
working again now.  I'm pretty sure (as I said before) that -D__EXTENSIONS__ was
in there in 0.99.0.  I was planning to wait for 0.99.3 and then build a webpage
showing what I did to compile it step-by-step and why I made the changes I did.
If you think 0.99.3 is too far off to wait for me to do this, I'll do it all
again with 0.99.2.

>> Finally, in mc-4.5.5, I had to edit line 9115 of ./configure to comment out a
>> line saying "GNOME_GNORBA_HOOK(,)".  That appears to have fixed it OK, but I
>> can't figure out whay autoconf left that there?  *IS* that just me?
>
>Can you try 4.5.6?

I did yesturday - this appears to have been fixed, as all compiled easily.

>> Also, in po/Makefile again, in POTFILES, I changed ../gnome/gmc-window.c to
>> ../gnome/win.c so it would make.
>
>fixed in 4.5.6 too

Yup, so I saw ;O)  Still doesn't actually *work* for me though =O(

Many thanks,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk