From: George [mailto:jirka@5z.com]
Sent: Monday, January 04, 1999 11:37 PM
To: gnome-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: newcomer Bug Reports

On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 04:33:08PM -0500, Charlie Younghusband wrote:
> > Under normal exit conditions, it should save fine.  If it crashes, who
> > knows whats going to happen to it.
>
> Why not have the option to do force the update?  I know this has peeved me
off
> enough that I'll log out of the panel and then restart it from a terminal,
which
> isn't ideal.  Could do it as a right-click option on the panel? (Save
panel
> configuration)

actually it's saving it's configuration all the time ... the panel has to
however save somewhere where the session manager tells it to ...

I guess the session manager could initiate a session save every once
in a while .... although the panel, once it has the proper place on
where to save ... should save all it's stuff as it's changed ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US:

        FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq