gnome panel

Hello all,

I have been working with gnome for a while now, and I recently started
using the gnome-panel. I ended up with two panels, where I want only one
(I have no idea how this happened). Sometimes when I log on, I have only 1
panel at the bottom, which is how i want it, but most of the times, I also
have a panel at the right side of the screen. Now, my question is as
follows: How do I get rid of it?!?!
What i did, is I right clicked on the panel, went down to "Remove this
panel", however, it is unselectable, I cannot select it. It is white,
instead of the color the rest of the selections have. So, how do I remove
it?

Thanks in advance,

Freud

*** If u have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person -
                              they will find an easier way to do it ***