Re: Busy-cursor?

+----- From: dsb3 <dsb3@earthlink.net>

| >> But that wouldn't necessarily mean the same thing.  The point of the
| >> busy-cursor thing, as I understood it, was that it would show that
| >> there's an app launched from the panel that's on its way, so don't
| >> keep clicking on it.
| >
| >Ideally, all apps that take longer than a few seconds, on average, to load
| >should use splash screens.  While I'm not entirely opposed to the cursor
| >idea, I really don't think it is the best solution.
|
| I've got to disagree with that one ... unless they're all configuration to
| turn to splash screen off.  all it does for me is get in the way of
| whatever else i'm doing while waiting for the program to load.
+--->8

OS/2 has global settings for splash screens:  you can turn them on or off
*and* specify the maximum time that a splash screen is to be displayed.
I share your dislike of splash screens, but the OS/2 method seems a good
compromise.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu