Release 0.99.2 of gnome-libs + information.

Hello,

   This mail includes a number of topics.  You can search for them
rapidly looking for ^\*

* Library released.

   Version 0.99.2 of the GNOME libraries have been released, you can
download them from:

	ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-libs-0.99.2.tar.gz

   You need to use the latest GTK+ and glib (they have lots of memory
leak fixes as well as including the new alloca macros):

	ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.1/glib-1.1.12.tar.gz
	ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.1/gtk-1.1.12.tar.gz

* CVS information about branches and the freeze

   The GNOME team has changed his mind regarding the way we are
managing the code freeze.  The code freeze is now being tracked on the
HEAD branch for both the gnome-libs and gnome-core modules, it is not
longer kept on GNOME_STABLE.  The branch was causing more problems
than it solved, so we have instead frozen HEAD.

   What is new in this version:

	- Canvas updates: Raph Levien's work on a high-quality
	  anti-aliasing version of the GNOME canvas is now fully
	  integrated into gnome-libs.

	  This happilly does not break the API (as the changes were
	  done before the 0.99 code freeze), GnomeCanvasItem authors
	  will have to read Raph's document at:

	http://www.levien.com/gnome/surviving-canvas-api-changes.html

          This document is required if you want to make your
	  GnomeCanvasItem support the anti-aliasing support for
	  arbitrary affine transformations.

	- Many many bug fixes (these fix problems in the applications
	  and in various GNOME programs, notably the file manager).

	- Entry boxes now accept drops.

	- Various session management bug fixes by Jay, and Felix

	- Zvt widget widget fixes, memory leak fixes, memory overrun
	  fixes by Jay Painter.

	- Some API additions: the gnome_procbar got enhanced by
	  Martin.

	- Tear off menu support in all gnome-apps (I could swear this
	  was on the previous release).

	- Many icon list fixes (various gnome applications will
	  benefit from this).

	- Name server got the race condition fixed.  It should be
	  fully bug free now :-)

        - Fixed many memory leaks (to maximize your non-memory-leaking
	  experience you want to use the latest GTK+ and the latest
	  glib, as some of the memory leaks were found there).

Please note that that due to the fact that I have changed the
versioning numbers on the shared libraries (something we had not done
correctly in the past), you might have to relink your binaries with
the new libraries (or wait for RPMS to be released with the new
dependencies).

* Contributors to this release

The following people have contributed their time for this release of
gnome-libs:

Andrew T. Veliath, Chris Lahey, Ettore Perazzoli, Federico Mena
Quintero, Felix Bellaby, George Lebl, Gregory McLean, Jaka
Mocnik, James Henstridge, Jay Painter, Jeff Garzik, Martin
Baulig, Miguel de Icaza, Raph Levien and Tuomas Kuosmanen

Miguel.