Re: gettextize weirdness and gnome-libs compile failure

+----- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
| Date: 03 Jan 1999 09:15:22 -0800
|
| "Brandon S. Allbery" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> writes:
|
| > This is a longstanding bug in gettext --- unless the destination tree for the
| > gettextize files already exists at configure time, it installs "flat" and
| > gettextize copies the flattened files.
|
| This is no bug, it's exactly how it's supposed to work.  You are not
| in the position to decide about bugs.
+--->8

Would it be asking too much for you to clearly document the reason for this
somewhere where it would be found by someone looking to install the package?
I didn't see it in any README file and no Info node refers to installing
the gettext package itself.  In fact, the Info files all assume the setup
which is *not* the default that installing gettext creates.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu