esd

I was wondering...

Is it possible to use esd to play audio from one computer to another. This
would be real cool because I could do things like hearing the cd's I play
in my portable with decent audio by using my pc's sound capabilities.

For what I can observe esd already listens on a port so all I have to do
is make the aps looks for esd not only in the local machine but in my
network also.

Is this very hard to do?
Would this eat up too much bandwidth?
Would this cause security issues?

I can find cool apliances for this like doing a small chat app that would
just connect to the listener's esd to play the sound.

Possibly we'd have to have a /etc/esd.access to state who can connect to
esd.

Am I still stable or is this I just wrote a major mind core dump? hehe