Re: Can't submit bug to submit bugs gnome org

"Manuel A. McLure" <mmt@Unify.Com> writes:
> I'm trying to add a "wishlist" item to the Gnome bugs database, but the
> "submit@bugs.gnome.org" address keeps bouncing. Sending "help" to
> "request@bugs.gnome.org" returns a similar message. Am I doing anything
> wrong? Here's the bounce message:
>
> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at tirania.nuclecu.unam.mx.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>
> <submit@bugs.gnome.org>:
> / Unknown ticket service address "'submit@bugs.gnome.org
                                   ^^^^^^
[snip]
> From: "Manuel A. McLure" <mmt@Unify.Com>
> To: "'submit@bugs.gnome.org'" <submit@bugs.gnome.org>
      ^^^^^^

I'm bet this is because of a debbugs bug -- the control script
probably thinks that the e-mail was directed to <"'submit> rather than
<submit>.  There's probably a simple e-mail parsing regexp in there
which gets confused by the above Outlook Express abomination of an
address (even though it is valid).

- Hari