Re: ESD blocks almost every other sound tool

I believe there is a esddsp command that you can use to try to 'reroute'
your sound programs through esd. There is also a flag you can invoke esd
with (I don't remember what it is, try esd -help) that will cause it to
release the lock after a few seconds of inactivity. Does anyone know why
this flag isn't set by default? (that would be too reasonable? ;-)

Jon