Re: The State of GNOME

    Preben> I think that RH 5.1 helped clear out a lot of bugs. None
    Preben> else dared to release glibc stuff at that time. Debian
    Preben> just hid in their Cathedral overlooking the Bazaar from
    Preben> afar and Suse was doing other important things at the
    Preben> time. Both have later made the transition to glibc if I'm
    Preben> not very much mistaken.

I don't mean to preach, but Debian had a libc6 distribution in
development from about December 1996 onward; you could have used the
then-unstable 'hamm' distribution any time you wished and helped with
development.

This was far before even Red Hat 5.0 came out. We simply did not wish
to release our first libc6 distribution before it was ready, which
paid off. It's STILL pretty tough to develop for both libc5 and libc6
on a red hat box; it's trivial on a Debian box.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters Q and P and the number 10.
"Frungy! Frungy! Frungy!!"