Re: File naming

+++ Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 11:05:43AM -0600 +++
Federico David Sacerdoti e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Hi,
>
> Miguel, thanks for the fix to the gmc location box and the .gnumeric
> file extention branding. I have another observation about file naming for
> text files.
>
> This is somewhat general, but I would like to see text files
> get a .txt extension that links in gmc to the standard text editor. The
> standard text editor would be the one defined by the Gnome
> Environment:Gnome Edit Properties capplet. That way all text files could
> be opened from gmc and the users "standard" editor will open them.
>
> I would also put in a plug for gEdit to be the default standard.

Another issue about default standards:

For Bob's sake: make the standard extension for text files .text. Not
.txt, but .text. This is Unix. We don't need to have .htm and .text
files. We can have .html and .text.

To me, this is an important point ;>

mawa
--
Matthias Warkus    |    mawa@iname.com    |    Dyson Spheres for sale!
It's sad to live in a world where knowing how to program your VCR