Re: Midnight Commander 4.5.18 is out

> - The right-select Mount/Unmount Option is severely broken:
>   - Mount: --> "Can't find /dev/fd0=     in /etc/mtab or /etc/fstab"
>   - Unmount: --> "/dev/fd0B      is not mounted (according to mtab)"
>   And logically -- both don't work.

Thanks for this bug report.

This actually pointed out a number of other potential places where
there would have been problems.  The reason is that the system call
readlink does not NULL terminate strings, and the recent code had
ignored this.

> - The symlink on the desktop from "Desktops/Rescan Mountable Devices"
>   shows up as executable instead of floppy

This is a very strange bug.  We have not been able to reproduce this,
but I have seen that icons change magically under us.  Something is
fishy on the new icon managing code federico wrote.

> - Floppy devices in /dev show up as block devices instead of floppies

That is correct.

cheers,
Miguel.