Re: gFTP FTP Proxies...

I'll add http proxy support in gFTP. I honestly didn't think it would be a
feature that too many people would use.

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, James Henstridge wrote:

> If you want to do http proxy stuff, try taking a look at gnome-http.
> Currently it barfs on URLs that don't start with http://, but I have a
> patch that will make it accept them (and only give an error if no proxy
> has been specified when the request is made).

Well if gFTP will parse html output from a proxy server, why not let it
parse html from a regular web server? This would be nice for connecting to
sites like http://metalab.unc.edu

> If you want a copy of my gnome-http patch, mail me and I will send it to
> you.  I have sent it to Chris who maintains gnome-http, so it may be
> included in later versions of the library.

I'll take a copy of it

Brian