Re: gFTP rocks!

Well - when I use my ISP's proxy server (from a dial-up connection)
I get approx 3.0 k/sec - When I don't use my proxy I get around 0.1
k/sec - I have no idea how this occurs (logically) but I know the
proxy server is based on a satellite downlink (with ISDN upload to a
larger ISP). and the other "standard" ISP stuff is done via dedicated
line to that larger ISP. That may have something to do with it. I was
also told that it was possible that my ISP maybe "prioritizing" any
data that goes through its proxy server in order to encourage
people to use it or something like that. I don't need a proxy server
for normal net access. But without it, I would never have been able
to try GNOME (I wouldn't download the many RPMS at 0.01k/sec
speed)