gmc install bug!? Was: gmc vs. mc features - FAQ?

I wrote:

Glenn Kronschnabl wrote:

> Why can I view .tar.gz and .zip files in mc but NOT in gmc?
> Surely this has got to be a FAQ?

Turns out that the problem was that I installed gmc in a different
directory from the gnome core/lib stuff.  The problem was that the
mc.keys file was in the mc tree where it needed to be in gnome, i.e.,

I copied

/opt/depot/mc-4.5.17/share/mime-info/mc.keys

/opt/depot/gnome/share/mime-info/mc.keys

and magic, everything now works!  I personally think that this is a gmc
install bug, since the mc.keys file obviously belongs in the gnome tree
to do anything useful.  Note that this problem would show up for any app
that use's .keys files, right!

Surely this has happened to others!?

Glenn