Re: has anyone ported gnome to HP-UX?

Geoff Paulsen wrote:

> > Has anyone created any gnome binaries for HP-UX?
> >
> > I started porting some of the stuff, however I had some problems with
> > unresolved symbols in some shared libraries... in IMlib
>
> Yeah. I think it needs libjpeg and a few other graphical libs that
> I didn't feel like hunting down at the time. There doesn't appear
> to be a central repository for them, and hunting down the various
> versions on the web gets tiresome very quickly.

There actually is a lot of ported free software and libraries at
www.software.hp.com, packaged in the software depot format.

Unfortunately they haven't started doing packages for 11.00 yet.  And
they're usually a version or two behind.  *sigh*

On the other hand, if you have the X11 headers, you could grab the URLs
for the source at www.labs.redhat.com/imlib.

I'd probably be trying to do a port myself, but I haven't put in the
request for the developer's licence yet.  I really would love to not
have my B160 crippled by Motif/CDE anymore.  :)

Matthew Berg