Objective C compiler & gnome-objc-0.99.3

Got a boneheaded question regarding EGCS. I get a configuration error with
gnome-objc-0.99.3 complaining as follows;

checking if Objective C compiler (egcc) works...
configure: error: Objective C compiler required but not found

My configure line appers as;

CC=egcc LIBS=-lobjc CFLAGS=-O2 ./configure

What additional flags do I need to set or is the problem elsewhere?
I've used this compiler to build several other packages successfully.

Thanks!
Mike

| Mike Nachlinger  (408) 446-9914  mnach@apres.org |
| Apres Ski Club   1-888-APRESGO   www.apres.org   |