icons on desktop - how do i use my own icons..?

HI ther guys.

quick question - I am running CVS enlightenment as well as Gnome, and
running stock standard KFM. Want i need to know is simply this...

1) KFM puts 3 icons on ya desktop - Trash, Autostart, and Templates. I have
since worked out how to make a link (shortcut) to an executable program and
make in an icon on my desktop, but how do i use the icons that come with
that program, rather than being stuck with the default KFM icons? for
example - X11amp comes with a small icon i would like to use on my desktop,
with a link to the program - how can i do  this??

Thanks for your help.

Matt