Re: mini-whises

Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> wrote:

> S> Mini whises about Gnome: - There are a clock applet, a mailcheck
> S> applet and a clock & mailcheck applet, why this last ? (ie. do one
> S> thing and do it well).
>
> Alan> Probably because two applets would take up too much space, and
> Alan> some people don't like that. (For instance, I prefer the
> Alan> combined applet.)
>
>Properly configured, these two take less space than the combined
>applet. OTOH, "do it well" may be an euphemism applied to the clock
>applet. But if the know-how put into "clock and mailcheck" would be
>merged in, we would probably end up with a better overall solution.

The clock and mailcheck applet has it's own type of themeability. With
the right theme it could be made any size. It can display more or less
information than the the default (which is rather ugly). A few example
themes are located:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5235/rest-clck.html

Also it does not have to show clock _and_ mail status, some themes
only show a clock, or mail status.

-John
--
John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>