@GNOMEGNORBA_LIBS@ problems

For those of you who are getting errors from @GNOMEGNORBA_LIBS@ ending up
on the linking line of GtkICQ, I think I've figured out your problem.  It
appears that the /usr/lib/appletsConf.sh in one of the RPMs (maybe more,
perhaps even the tars, I'm not sure) contains:

APPLETS_LIBS="-lpanel_applet @GNOMEGNORBA_LIBS@"

This is supposed to have a bunch of -lfoo -lbar -lbaz etc. stuff, NOT
@GNOMEGNORBA_LIBS@.  This whole line is added to the linking statement
after everything is compiled, and thus generates the error you're
receiving.

What to do about it....

Edit /usr/lib/appletsConf.sh (/usr/local/lib/appletsConf.sh if it's a
problem outside RPM land), and replace that line with:

APPLETS_LIBS="-lpanel_applet -rdynamic -lgnomeui -lart_gpl -lgdk_imlib
-lSM -lICE -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lXext -lX11 -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lesd
-laudiofile -lm -ldb -lglib -ldl -L/usr/local/lib -lOrbitCosNaming -lORBit
-lIIOP -lORBitutil -lglib -lm"

You may not have all those libs (for instance, if you don't have ESD, then
-lesd probably wouldn't be a good thing), but that's what I have on my
system.

I'm not really an expert on this auto* stuff, but this is what I think is
the problem.  After doing that, you'll have to (for GtkICQ) do ./configure
and make clean, and then make.  The problem should disappear; if it
doesn't, flame me (not the list) ;-)

Sincerely,

Jeremy Wise

P.S. If it IS a problem in the RPMs, maybe someone should see that it's
fixed in the future ?  Just a thought..

| Jeremy Wise                                God rules.          |
| jwise@pathwaynet.com                       Always has,         |
| ICQ #4664755                               Always will.        |
| http://www.pathwaynet.com/~jwise           Hope you know Him!  |