Re: My impression of .8

On Thu Feb 18, 1999 at 12:05:23PM +0100, Shooby Ban wrote:
> On 18 Feb 1999, Dave Cole wrote:
> ]Jeffrey> Tried LyX?  It isn't GNOME, but perhaps the core editor
> ]Jeffrey> widget and TeX generation logic can be ripped out and wrapped
> ]Jeffrey> in a GTK+ app.
> ]
> ]I have just started using LyX.  It is fantastic!  I just wish that
> ]something other than XForms had been used for the user interface.
> ]Talk about ugly - blech.

I seem to remember that one of the things the LyX team is looking at for the
next release is changing the interface code so that you can pluggin whatever
widget set you want such as KDE or GTK.

Pat

 Patrick Colbeck 	  email: pat.colbeck@esc.azlan.co.uk
 Senior Analyst            tel:  you dont seriously expect me to
 Azlan Ltd                       give that out on the internet do you ?