Subject: Re: GtkICQ -> Gnome Communicator
Author:  <gnome-list@gnome.org > at INTERNET-MAIL
Date:    18/02/99 07:22

Jeremy Wise <jwise@pathwaynet.com> writes:

> Since distribution of GtkICQ has been picking up greatly over the past
> couple months, I've been wondering about the legality of including "ICQ"
> in its name.  I have asked Mirabilis about it, but (surprise surprise)
> received no reply.  Anyway, I also think it's sorta an unoriginal name.
> Therefore, I was wondering about renaming it "Gnome Communicator" or
> perhaps something else (I'm open for ideas) before the next release.

Hmm.  Sounds like "Netscape Communicator".

How about The Chat Program for Internet People, or TCPIP.

GCQ?  What does ICQ stand for, anyway? :)

Ideas could go along the lines of:
  - broadcasting, yelling, shouting etc
  - pick an acronym and put some words around it :) like GROQ, or
    GHONE (pun on phone).

Or stick two words together, like Gnommunicate.
--
Sam Vilain, sam@whoever.com         work: sam.vilain@unisys.com
http://www.hydro.gen.nz                home: sam@hydro.gen.nz

--