RE: My impression of .8 - gnometris

> this     _
> piece   | |    _            _     _             _   _
> falling | |_ _| |          | |  _| |           | |_| |
>  +----> |___|_  | ->wait-> | |_|_  | ->nudge-> | |_  |
>               |_|          |___| |_|           |___|_|

Of course once I fix the "fall like a rock", making it "just fall faster",
nudging will be there too. I think it the piece will fall fast to something
like one or two spaces above the bottom, then it will resume falling at a
"normal" rate.

> The other thing I miss from the Atari version is playing
> through various levels, instead of "get as many lines before
> you run out of space."  The first few levels are simply
> get N lines.  The next few start with random block formations
> already setup on the bottom for you to work around, etc.

That can be done too, it's not very difficult to implement :)