Re: @MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@ required for...

Try deleting aclocal.m4 from the packages that are giving you trouble.
The maintainer mode macro changed semantics in automake 1.4, and maybe you
have the old copy in your build directory.  Removing aclocal.m4 will tell
make to get the new macros and rerun automake,autoconf,configure,etc.

That should fix your problem.  Alternatively you could try rerunning
autogen.sh.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au