Gnumeric and fonts

I was playing around with gnumeric just now and I noticed something
conspicuously missing when playing with it: a font selector and size on
the menubar. While it's not as big of a deal with a spreadsheet as a word
processor, it is still definitely handy to change it quickly and on the
fly. I know there's a gnome-font-picker or something similar, but can one
get around it? Perhaps another gnome widget for this purpose? That way
other programs like go, gwp, and such could use it easily. Does this sound
worth doing? Is it plausible for 1.0?

The other thing I noticed is that when you do go to change the font, the
current font is not highlighted in the box, and there is a blank font
listed. When you select the blank font, nothing about the current font
changes. Is this correct behavior? Seems that if you don't want the font
to change, you should just click on "Close" and not "Ok" or "Apply". The
main problem I have is that I don't know what font I have selected or what
the default font is.

I've been playing with and watching the GNOME development for quite some
time now, and it had been a while since I compiled a recent version. I'd
just like to congratulate everyone who has made GNOME a fine product in
such a timely manner. Keep up the good work.

Joe