Help compiling libgtop 0.99.2

Hi, I'm trying to get gnome up and running for the first time. I've gotten
through all the required libraries and such up to libgtop 0.99.2 . After
finally getting the configure to make a makefile.. I'm now stuck at this
error...

-->../../sysdeps/linux/.libs/libgtop_sysdeps.so: undefined reference to
'g_log'

--> *** [libgtop_daemon] Error 1

I have looked everywhere in the source for a g_log but I can not find
it... I am trying to install gnome over enlightenment .15 under slackware
3.6. I am running kernel 2.2.1 and am using libc5...

I would be greatful for any help regarding this error...

Thanks,
Ajesh