Re: gnome on RH 4.2 systems

I have compiled and run GNOME on my RH4.2 system. I had to upgrade my
compiler to egcs 1.1.1 (the GNU gcc 2.8.1 gave me internal compiler
errors on some libraries) to get Objective C, but other than that I
didn't have too many problems. Compile problems, that is. A couple of
the apps don't compile ( 0.99.7 libs ).. balsa is one I remember and
the last version of enlightenment I downloaded was kinda flakey but
the GNOME panel starts OK.

Steve