bugs etc.

gnome terminal:

- scrolling flickers, really annoyable .. Other X terms draw the text in
"blocks" (at least it looks like that) which look a lot better.
- right mouse click brings the popup menu, great, except it grows the text
selection at the same time, not so nice.
- text selection doesn't work like in other X terms, clicking the terminal
should unselect everything instead of selecting the clicked character

panel:

- dragging menuitems from it's label doesn't always work, it just doesn't
begin the drag.
- ability to drag launchers icons?
- transparent background? Looks really nice when I faked it :)
- pager doesn't save "use small pagers" toggle
- crashes occationally after removing applets: I've made a program which
creates an applet, when running and debugging it with gdb, breaking
program in gdb and quitting it sometimes takes the whole panel down too
(maybe I'll some day run the panel via gdb and see where it crashes..)
- I've also managed to get the whole panel configuration lost couple of
times (it starts with the default settings).

gmc:

- dragging menu items from panel menu to desktop and running them now
works, but after I remove the .desktop from it's name they can't be run
anymore. So could gmc also detect a .desktop file without the prefix? Also
would be nice to have the icon automatically set.
- scrolling the icon list with wheel mouse still selects some labels..
Moving the wheel over an icon also selects it, so just ignore 4&5 buttons
somewhere to fix it.. ?
- a small vfs problem: trying to view patch-2.2.1.bz2 it complains file
not being a tar file..

gdm:

couldn't link it, but maybe it's a debian related problem instead? :

gcc -g -O2 -g -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -o gdm gdm.o gdmslave.o gdmserver.o gdmverify.o
gdmmisc.o gdmauth.o gdmcookie.o gdmxdmcp.o md5.o -rdynamic
-L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/usr/lib -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lesd -laudiofile -lm -ldb -lglib -ldl
-lXdmcp -lX11 -lpam -lwrap
/usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function Host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x4c1): undefined reference to Yp_get_default_domain'

my netbase (which has libwrap.a) is version 3.12-2 which is the latest in
potato.

misc:

- games: IMO high scores should ask user name instead of using the uid
name.
- "start editor in terminal" toggle to gnome edit properties in gnomecc
and make it work in gmc.
- if I enabled gnome sound support with two users and tried to run gnome
programs with both of them, the one which had no access to esd died with
sigpipe. This was week ago, now gnomecc crashes when trying to set sound
support on..