GIMP compile problems

Hello,

I realize that this question would probably be more readily answered on
the gimp-list, but since I got the source from the GNOME CVS and since
w/o GIMP/GTK there would be no GNOME, hopefully someone here knows what
my problem is.

I run autogen and everything works just fine. However, when I run 'make'
it starts to compile, but just freezes when it gets to:

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -o libgimpui.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib -version-info 2:0:0     -release 1.1 gimpentry.lo
gimpmenu.lo gimpbrushmenu.lo gimpgradientmenu.lo gimppatternmenu.lo
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm
rm -fr .libs/libgimpui.la .libs/libgimpui.* .libs/libgimpui-1.1.*

What's wrong?

Jason