Ack! What did you do to make the pager so slow

Hey,

I just upgraded to all the latest stuff on ftp.geo.net.  gnome-core amd
libs are 99.8.1.  Everything else is pretty much bleeding edge.

The new pager is slow!  After I switch desks, it takes about 1 second to
redraw itself.  At least the old flicker is gone, but this is far worse.
I have the all the task stuff turned off, and I am just using the small
pager.  Is this perhaps because the pager is trying to draw those icons
on each of those task buttons that I am not using?

BTW, I am using icewm.

Later,
-jwb