Re: gmc buttons..

Damien Miller writes:
>On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
>> This is a global option for GNOME applications.  Run the control
>> center and look in the "Look and feel" section.
>
>IMHO it would be nice to be able to dset this on an app-by-app basis.
>I might be familiar with gnomecal, but still need text labels for
>gmc.

Not only that, but it might depend on what the application wants to
show.  I generally prefer text to icons, but some apps have toolbars
that can get so big that they make the app get too wide for the screen
if text is shown (don't remember which one I saw do that or what the
screen size was, sorry).  It's easy to say "well fix that app then" but
"too big" can be a preference as well as an absolute value...  I don't
know that it can be fixed for GNOME 1.0, but I suggest that it be on
the list for the next development cycle if not.

Thanks,

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/