glib autogen and make errors...

Hey,
	I just compiled and installed autoconf 2.13 and to test success I
type in 'autoconf --version' and get GNU Autoconf 2.13 so it's installed
fine.  I do a  './autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/gnome' and get the following:

'FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.13 or higher is required for this script'
aclocal.m4: 545 `AM_PROG_INSTALL' is obsolete; use `AC_PROG_INSTALL'

...then a bunch of:
configure.in:171: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling

and then it goes on to run configure.  First of all I have no idea why
autogen isn't seeing that my autoconf is the newest version (I have also
updated automake and friends...)  Second, when I do a 'make' after this I
get:

make: *** No rule to make target `@MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@', needed by
`Makefile.in'.  Stop.

I've never has problems before in the past with any of these when I was
running a tweaked RH 5.1/SuSE 5.3 custom system.  I just recently wiped my
HD and installed Stampede's Europa 0.89 distro with kernel 2.2.1 and
Glibc2/libc5.  Everything works great, better than before but I can't
figure these errors out.  Thanks.
	Dave
	huseby@u.washington.edu