Re: gdm startup

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg Fall <gmf@dweezil.dynip.com> writes:

Greg> After installing the gdm RPM, I stuck x:5:respawn:/usr/bin/gdm

Greg> in my /etc/inittab.  The resulting gdm works, initially, but it
Greg> also spawns a zombie gdm, and a zombie X.  When I end a session,
Greg> X fails to restart until I kill the parent gdm, but fresh
Greg> zombies start right on up.  I'm admittedly not hugely schooled
Greg> about X authentication and session management.

Remove the #1=/usr/bin/X11/X line from gdm.conf.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~mkp/