Re: gmc .14 complains about not finding icons

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> When starting gmc 4.5.14, its complains about not being able to find icons,
> and stops. This problem is probably caused by an older version (ie. 4.5.12)
> with stuff lying around, I tried to clean it, though.
>
> So my question is: What should I do to get 4.5.14 running?
>
> Thanks in advance!

It happened to me too.

If you used patches to upgrade 4.5.12 source code to 4.5.14 you probably
are missing the new icons in the source tree. This happened to me
when I upgraded from 4.5.12 to 4.5.13 .
The problem is that diff generates patches only for _text_ files, and
therefore it's good for code, Makefiles, etc. but not for images like the
.png that are used for icons.
The funny thing is that the build phase was ok: I both compiled and
installed gmc without problems. Only at runtime I got the error "missing
icons!".
I fixed it by downloading the whole tarball, to make sure there are the
new images/icons. Of course there should be a more bandwith-saving
solution (you could download just the new png's from anoncvs, for
example).

I'm no expert and I could be entirely wrong, but if you want you can try
to download the full gmc tarball. Hope this helps!

BTW, there's a good alternative to diff/patch? (xdelta maybe??)

Zun.