Re: Gnome panel background still not working

On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 10:46:30PM -0700, Just this guy you know wrote:
> Well I took a serious LART to /usr/local/lib in the hopes of clearing
> out whatever library was causing gnome-panel to not allow me to change
> its background. Despite all this it still dies horribly when I try
> to set the panel background, either from this panel properties or
> from gmc. A few people have told me this works and a few people
> have told me it doesn't, so I'm thinking it's something peculiar
> to my dist (Debian 2.0)
>
> Has anyone figured out what's causing this? I can contribute the
> output of a ldconfig -v if that would help...

this problem has haunted me for a LONG time ... and all the time I was
looking at the wrong place ... it was a very dumb bug ... and it now seems
very obvious and something I should have figured out in a couple of minutes
... but instead it took me hours of eyballing the wrong code

I JUST fixed in in CVS ... so rest assured a fix is on the way in some next
version of the tarballs

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: