Major GNOME 0.99.7 problems

Hello All,
     I had GNOME 0.99.6 installed and working correctly.  I then
upgraded to egcs 1.1.1 and glibc 2.1.  I then downloaded, compiled, and
installed GNOME 0.99.7.   Now any GNOME app that I have compiled
segfaults immediatly after starting.  GNOME apps that I compiled before
the upgrade with gnome-libs 0.99.6 still run fine.  I compiled a
non-GNOME app and it compiled and runs correctly.   Could somebody shed
some light on what this may be?  I suspect it has something to do with
me upgrading the compiler and C library.  Thanks in advance.

Mark Hanna