Re: Esound and XEmacs

Hi,

 Daniel> Questions:
 Daniel> 1) Anyone already working on this? If it's about to be
 Daniel>    released then I'm content to sit back and wait for someone
 Daniel>    else to do it.

I have created a patch against xemacs 20.4. It *should* be available
at <URL:http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/xemacs-20.4-esd>. Someone
e-mail me if this is not the case.

There is also a patch against the latest beta (21.2.8), which I have
sent to the xemacs beta team for inclusion in the next release. I can
upload this too, if anybody is interested.

There is also a list of possible improvements included, so you can
still satisfy that drive for coding <g>.

 Daniel> 4) Anyone else thinking of doing any other gnome related
 Daniel>    hacks to emacs? Perhaps there is room to collaborate. I'm
 Daniel>    going to hold off on trying to tie in gtk as a) I'm too
 Daniel>    ignorant at this time to use it and b) I don't really see
 Daniel>    any pressing need for it.

I agree that porting (X)Emacs to gtk would be nice, but is not very
urgent. One thing that would be immensly more useful (to me at least)
would be proper session-management support. I.e. you close the session
(log out), restart it later and emacs has all non-transient buffers
opened as before, with point unmoved. Or at least call
`save-some-buffers' if the session is about to be closed...

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>