Re: GNOME 0.99.7 report and bugs

> 2) GMC: When I launch, say ee by double clicking on a .jpeg file, GMC
> freezes until I exit ee (!)

Fixed on CVS now.  Will release a nwe gmc today.

> 3) GMC: If I drag a file and drop it into a different directory, the
> operation is a COPY. I would have thought a MOVE is what users desire when
> they try this operation.

The GTK+ DnD is following the Motif conventions.

> 4) If I right click on a .rpm file, I get a menu with "FIXME" in it.

Actually, it is the window root menu.  I wonder what this is

> 5) I should be able to change the default icon for a given file type by
> bringing up a file's properties and double-clicking on the icon.

Yes, you should.  I will add this to my TODO list.

> 6) If I get up the properties of a .mid file and set "Open" behaviour to
> "playmidi %f" it doesn't work. At the very least I should get a box saying
> "could not execute playmidi, reason: blah".

hard to fix.  I will discuss this tonight with my subconscious process
and try to come up with a way to do this.

> 8) Similar to a bug above. Set "Edit" command on a .jpg file to "gimp %f"
> and it is ignored; if I right click on the .jpg file and choose "Edit",
> some text editor is launched.

I have fixed this.  Next release includes fix.

> P.S. Are reports like this considered useful?

yes, very.  Keep posting.

Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org