xgettext and C++

Hi,
I have done some C++ code in gnome-games (gnometris), and have a slight
problem with xgettext when I try to create translations for my language (in
the gnome-games/po directory). xgettext doesn't like *.cpp files, but says
that it will try C (so far so good). Then it complains that it doesn't like
the C++ comments (//). It produces the POT file anyway, but I feel a bit
uneasy about leaving it that way, I would prefer if it built without
warnings. I tried putting the "--c++" flag in the xgettext commandline in
Makefile.in.in, but this file somehow gets overwritten automagically every
time I run make. Does anybody know what to do about it ?

J. Marcin Gorycki
mailto:mgo@olicom.dk