Another RPM quirk

I hope I am not repeating something that has been
discussed on another list...

Being ambitious today I tried:

1. Building my own glib RPM & installing both the glib & glib-devel

2. Downloading glib & glib-devel RPMS and installing them

Both times it created a file /usr/lib/libgthread.so that
linked to /usr/lib/libgthread-1.1.so.13.0.2

Problem was that libgthread-1.1.so.13.0.2 would never be there and
ld.config would complain and complain.

I removed all the rpms and any left-over files, and
installed the glib tar ball and viola - all fixed!

Why is this happening?

-RyanJ

--
Ryan Johnston - The Banff Centre for The Arts
Unix SysAdmin