Re: Is ORBit documented?

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Dick Porter wrote:

> There are some preliminary docs at
> http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/birney/orbit-html/book1.htm

Groovy; I'll take a look.

> Is it still undocumented? I admit I just go to the code for docs (thanks,
> free software! :-) ) but I was under the impression that there had been a
> large doc writing session recently for all of gtk+, glib and gnome.

Yeah, the only problem with that is that I, unfortunately, am going to
die in another 50 years, which means that the list of stuff which I can
spend time on is, of necessity, and unfortunately, finite.  I'd rather
not trade running for President for scrounging through undocumented
source code in the big zero-sum game of life.

> ORBit has to be exportable from the USA, so this will probably have to be
> developed in the free world as an add-on patch.

I'm happy to do the take-the-printout-to-the-Carribean-and-scan-it-in
export-control-evading song and dance; in fact, I've been looking for
a project on which I can do just that.  This is something I want to write,
and I will almost certainly write it in the US.

> You should probably be asking on orbit-list@cuc.edu too.

Gotcha.  Thanks.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton