Security: need your help with gsu-helper

Hello GNOME Hackers,

I need your help with gnome-utils/mini-utils/gsu:

This uses a new suid helper called gsu-helper which is a modified /bin/su
which reads the password from a set of pipes.

There's a descriptive README and I also used descriptive cvs commit messages.

Please can someone more familar with security issues have a look at this
gsu-helper, it works fine but of cause we need to know whether it is also
secure.

The directory is not compiled by default so you have to manually cd into gsu
and run a make there; it also creates a small gsu-test program which can
be used to test the helper.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/