Re: cant compile gnome-libs or ORBit.

On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 19:11:24 +0000, Yoni Elhanani <biggo@netvision.net.il>
wrote:

>does that mean I need new ORBit???

Yes.

>I dont think it's gonna help since my ORBit will not compile.
>(it wont even configurate):
>
>configure.in:203: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
>cross compiling
>[I get hundreds of these errors]
>
>aclocal: configure.in: 28: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

I think your installation of the libtool package is probably incorrect.

>autoconf: Undefined macros:
>configure.in:12:AC_CPP_ACCEPT_IDL
>configure.in:16:AC_CPP_PIPE_STDIN

What versions of libtool, automake, and autoconf do you have installed?

Here, I am using:
libtool-1.2d-1
automake-1.4-1
autoconf-2.13-1

>I have read the ORBit questions.
>YES I DID CHECK IT OUT INSTEAD OF UPDATING!

Thanks!
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg